Let’s dive inside Backbreaker’s simple, but complex ratings. Backbreaker has only 4 ratings (focus, agility, speed, & strength) which makes it very hard to customize a NFL roster. Along with those 4 ratings, Backbreaker has form which affects all player ratings, no matter how good or bad they are. Below is a breakdown of Backbreaker’s ratings.
Focus is the most important rating in the Backbreaker Football game. Players with low focus stand out easily. Without focus quarterbacks would throw terrible passes that in most cases will result in an interception. Wide receivers will drop passes in wide open space. Defensive backs will drop easy interceptions and they will often give up touchdowns, because they can’t locate the football. Defensive lineman will often get pancaked, because they was still in their stance when the ball was snapped. Outside of not being able to catch well, I’m not sure if focus hurts running backs as much as other positions.
- Quarterbacks: accuracy, awareness
- Running backs: hands, vision, awareness
- WR/TE: hands, awareness
- Defensive Players: awareness, hands
- Kickers/Punters: accuracy (Accuracy is broken after the patch. Kickers with low focus will make a high percentage of their kicks even with a 30 focus rating)
- Kick Returners: vision
In Madden games, a player has separate attributes for agility, acceleration, elusiveness, juke move, and spin move. Backbreaker simplifies the process by combining these ratings into one, but it makes creating unique player ability nearly impossible. The following list below breaks down how agility affects each position in Backbreaker.
- Quarterbacks: throwing speed, acceleration, scrambling in pocket, escape ability
- Running backs: acceleration, juke ability, spin move
- WR/TE: route running (how quickly a receiver runs his route),acceleration, juke ability, spin move
- Defensive line: acceleration (very effective for rushing the passer), spin move, swim move
- Linebacker: acceleration (very effective for rushing the passer), spin move, swim move
- Cornerbacks: acceleration, make up speed, allows cornerback to cover distance well
- Safeties: acceleration, make up speed, allows safeties to close faster
- Kickers/Punters: allows kickers and punters to kick the ball faster
- Kick Returners: acceleration, juke ability, spin move
Speed is a gamebreaker in Backbreaker Football. The speed difference between fast players and slow players is amazing. Not only can you visually see the speed on the field, but you can also feel the speed as you’re playing the game. When modding ratings on the Xbox 360, it’s important to be careful with the speed attribute (especially on defense), as you can easily make the game unplayable.
- Speed is how fast a player can run at top speed.
Normally a football game would have ratings such as: strength, break tackle, tackling, hit power, run blocking, carrying, blocking shedding, stiff arm, and trucking. Backbreaker simply combines all of these ratings into one strength attribute, which can be quite frustrating when trying to rate players. The following list shows how strength affects each position in Backbreaker.
- Quarterbacks: throwing power, break tackling, stiff arm, carrying, trucking
- Running backs: break tackling, stiff arm, carrying, trucking, blocking
- WR/TE: catch in traffic, break tackling, stiff arm, carrying, trucking, blocking
- Defensive Lineman: block shedding, tackling, hit power
- Linebackers: block shedding, tackling, hit power
- Cornerbacks: block shedding, tackling, hit power
- Safeties: block shedding, tackling, hit power
- Kickers/Punters: kicking power
- Kick Returners: break tackling, stiff arm, carrying, trucking
Form determines how players play on gameday. Because of form, an elite player will have some bad games, as we have seen in real life. Sometimes, an average player will have an elite game. There is no limit on how much form can affect a game. With form set on random, you have no control over who’s gonna show up big for you on gameday.
Form affects all player attributes. In Backbreaker, you have the ability to choose your form settings. Personally, I always select random form, because I truly believe it simulates real life. Good players have bad games and sometimes average players can surprise you.
- Backbreaker Game
- Backbreaker Images
- Backbreaker Posts
- Backbreaker Settings
- Backbreaker Stadiums
- Backbreaker Ratings
- Backbreaker Soundtrack
- Backbreaker Teams
- Backbreaker Xbox One & PS4