Backbreaker has 4 ratings, which are described as focus, agility, speed, and strength. While simplicity is good, Backbreaker rating system becomes a little too simplistic when you want to create NFL teams with custom ratings.
Backbreaker NFL rosters are created using modding software, but the 4 ratings can make the process a bit complicated when trying to replicate the ability of a NFL player. For example, Backbreaker’s focus rating at the quarterback position accounts for throwing accuracy and awareness. There is no way to use a separate rating for each, so if you give a quarterback 97 focus, in Backbreaker he’ll have 97 accuracy and 97 awareness. It works the same way with each of the 4 ratings in Backbreaker.
Below is a positional breakdown of the 4 ratings in Backbreaker.
Backbreaker 》Focus Rating
Focus in Backbreaker is awareness for all positions, but focus is more than just awareness.
- Quarterbacks: Awareness, Throwing Accuracy
- Running Backs: Awareness (Vision), Catching
- Wide Receivers & Tight Ends: Awareness, Catching
- Offensive Lineman: Awareness
- Defensive Players: Awareness, Catching
- Kickers & Punters: Accuracy
- Kick Returners: Awareness (Vision)
Backbreaker 》Agility Rating
The agility rating in Backbreaker is the ability to change direction, but it’s much more than that for some positions.
- Quarterbacks: Triggers pocket scrambling by the cpu, acceleration, elusiveness, throwing speed
- Running Backs: acceleration, elusiveness, route running (faster cuts)
- Wide Receivers & Tight Ends: acceleration, elusiveness, route running (faster cuts)
- Offensive Lineman: acceleration
- Defensive Players: acceleration, elusiveness (with ball), finesse pass rusher moves
- Kickers & Punters: acceleration (kick the ball faster) Greathouse patch kinda disabled this for kickers/punters. All kickers/punters seem to have the same kick speed after the patch.
- Kick Returners: acceleration, elusiveness
Backbreaker 》Speed Rating
This is a no-brainer. Speed is speed no matter how you look at it.
- Quarterbacks: Speed
- Running Backs: Speed
- Wide Receivers & Tight Ends: Speed
- Offensive Lineman: Speed
- Defensive Players: Speed
- Kickers & Punters: Speed
- Kick Returners: Speed
Backbreaker 》Strength Rating
Strength in Backbreaker is another common sense rating, but it also has other positional attributes as well.
- Quarterbacks: Throwing power, break tackling
- Running Backs: Break tackling, blocking
- Wide Receivers & Tight Ends: Catch In Traffic, blocking, break tackling
- Offensive Lineman: Blocking (ability to hold a block longer)
- Defensive Players: Tackling, hit power, block shedding
- Kickers & Punters: Kick power, hit power (if engaged in a tackle)
- Kick Returners: Break Tackling